Ya Know it's freeeezin' when...
1.You open the door to let your dogs out and the door creaks.
2. As you're waiting inside the screen door for your dogs to return momentarily, and it fogs over with a thin layer of ice.
3. You wander to the barn to feed the animals and all their water buckets are frozen.
4. Your nose hairs become stiff (very stiff) once you step into the great outdoors.
5. In a matter of 5 minutes you can no longer feel your finger tips, although they hurt!
6. You go to let the cat out (who's screaming at you to do so) and he looks at you with a look of
"what are you nuts".
7. That item you need so badly from the local grocery store can wait and will...
8. It is necessary to leave all faucets that are fed by pipes on outside walls dripping, otherwise, you'll have no water due to frozen pipes!
9. As you stand in a window staring out at the beautiful bright sunshine glaring off the snow and you think you see little diamonds. (Wouldn't that be great)!
10. With each step you take the snow under your shoes sounds crunchy.
The above picture is an older one, however, it is one that just looking at it makes you feel cold.
Is it cold where you live today? Our temps are falling rapidly, but currently sit at -7 * F Brrr. I shouldn't complain, Alaska has been hovering around -40 to -50 for a few weeks now. Having lived in Fairbanks, knowing that the humidity is really low (most of the time) during the winters, it felt warmer at these temps. If it got up to 30* F people would be wearing shorts outside, I can assure you, that I still wore my snowpants until it warmed to about 40* anyway.
I am sitting here posting and listening to the weather channel they are talking about the wind chills for tonight thru Friday anywhere from -5 to -30* Oh boy, Oh boy!
I am going to curl up under a blanket with a book, stay warm everyone!