I'm being interviewed by Scrappy Quilter. Interviews make nervous and sometimes twitchy, so just bare with me here.
Here are the instructions:1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me." Then send me another separate comment with your email address as to where I can send your questions ( I won't publish your email as my comments need approval to be published).2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions and let me know when you have posted it, so I can link to it.4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
1. What drew you to Alaska? This is a story in itself! When we were stationed in El Paso, Tx. hubby got picked up for a six week school in Virginia, we decided that we would all tag along.(since we originated on the East Coast) LOL Anyhow, during our trip hubby thought it would be a good idea to check in with Department of the Army headquarters in nearby Alexandria Virginia. While we were there (only having been in Tx for 18 months, bought our first house, busy with landscaping and interior work) our duty officer mentions orders to Alaska. I was thrilled, hubby, not so much! We left Texas for Alaska about 5 months later.
2. What was the last book you read and what did you like about it? The last book completed was Marley & Me by John Grogan. My love for labs, brings this book to life, only to have a real live Marley adopt us just a few months after reading about the Grogans Marley, IRONIC!
3. You've been married for 25 years. What's the best piece of advise you would give to a newlywed? Marriage is a form of "teamwork" that takes patience, faith, trust, good communication skills, respect, it is the tuffest job you will ever have, prior to children. However, if you "Love" the one you're with you can get over all these hurdles.
4. What's your favorite room in your home and why? I'd have to say the kitchen, I really love cooking. Trying new recipes and inviting friends over to share a meal. Funny as it may seem, when I first got married, I didn't have a clue about cooking, my poor husband, I'm so glad we all survived without dying the horrible death of starving. That's where the faith as well as patience in question 3 comes in! Well, now that I look at it all of the above, really... LOL
5. Are you an outdoor or indoor girl? Summertime~ I love being outside, as long as it is not thundering and lightning. You can find me in the veggie garden, on the riding mower cutting grass, sitting back sipping a glass of vino while bbqing, fishing, camping, trail riding the list goes on and on. Wintertime~ I love being outside as long as it is above freezing. You can find me sledding, (you're only as old as you feel) skiing, snowball fighting, building a snowman (I just love snowmen) looking up at the star lit sky, just waiting for a shooting star so I can make a wish. All in all, I guess, I'd have to admit I'd rather be outside, weather permitting.
If there is a question you don't feel comfortable answering, then you can make one of your own.