Monday, November 10

FrOm LaKe EffEcT SnOw To GrApEvInEs

Hello my dear friends,


As you can see by the photo's, we woke up to snow this morning. The alarmed sounded at 5:45am; I'm half awake, half asleep, walk over to my granddaughters room to wake her up for school. Telling her to turn on the Telly, to see if there are any delays or cancellations. I waddle downstairs to prepare the coffee pot with some wake up juice . The dog is circling my feet wanting to be let out to relieve himself, then, I wander over to the backroom where Marley sleeps (she loves to eat "stuff') cannot be trusted with shoes...let her outdoors. Coming back upstairs (more awake now, that I've had a breath of the brisk morning air) to throw on my jeans and a sweatshirt. AH, it's coffee time, I have to have that first cup within a half hour of rolling out of bed, otherwise, my body is taken over by some grouchy monster. Auttie, is now all dressed, lunch packed, and ready to head out the door for school. Dogs are ready to come back inside where it's warm, now, it's time for me to feed the farm animals.
Hubby & I worked on new stall doors last night, ( pictures to follow in a later, another posting) Scout, is a proffesional latch picker, and has let himself out of his stall, and even opened the sliding barn doors to go into the pasture all alone. Since we have learned of his new illness (Cushings disease) it is important that he does not eat to much, he needs to be a lean hay eating machine.

Since, it's a lovely day, I decided, I'm going to take the four wheeler and little green wagon to the back forty, to collect some vines. This is something I have been wanting to do for months, now that I have a spare hour (after this post of course) I can put these hands to work on some crafts.

Wow, looks like there is not a living soul anywhere around. That is country life folks! We are so blessed to have this much space.






I have arrived at the prime location, and it is here, that I will park my ride.







This picture here, is the tree of life, grapevines have tried to swallow her, but, last summer we trimmed the vines away from her and her branches.


A view from under the creeping vines, it was so quiet, you could hear the weight of the heavy snow baring down on the branches, with soft crackles all around me and the surrounding area. I had my ears perked, as there is a black bear that frequents this area, and she is said to be approx. 250 pounds.
She could have had me for a late morning snack.
There, I have enough to at least get my hands wet. I love, ole faithful (our 1987 Kawasaki Bayau) and the little green wagon.

5 comments:

Amy said...

We had a dusting of snow last night, not nearly as much as what you got. I'm not ready for winter!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

You are truly blessed to live in the country! I love the snow pictures. When we lived in town, and when we did get snow, (not too often in Texas), I would drive the children out to the country to see the snow, because it was always clean and white. The snow in town turned to gray muck in no time with all of the traffic. The first year we moved out here, we got snow. We all bundled up and went walking in the woods to enjoy it! Stay warm! blessings, Kathleen

Mel said...

Good Morning Amy & Kathleen,

Glad to have you stop over! Yes, we ended up with, maybe, 2 inches of snow. It was brisk this morning only; 30 degrees Brr...

We lived in El Paso, Tx. back in 1988; can you believe, we had a snowstorm that dumped 2 feet on us. That was the greatest, the girls had a blast.

Vickie said...

Good Morning Cuz, While you are enjoying the snow I have been blowing and raking leaves. They have really started to fall in the past week. There is still plenty left on the trees for the kids to do.

I can't wait to see what you make with the vines! It's going to be awhile here before I can get some. You have grapevines and I have Kudzu vines. I noticed yesterday while out doing leaves that the kudzu leaves are starting to die so it won't be much longer.

Time to get busy there is so much that I want to do today or I should say that needs to be done today.

Love Ya Cuz :)

Paula said...

The snow looks so pretty, but COLD! brrrr