Wednesday, September 21

Vine & Grape Testing ... Postponed

The winery that is interested in purchasing our produce has called and rescheduled for a later date. It seems the grapes from neighboring vines are just not coming up with the 21 -22% sugar count they like for making the wine. I will get pictures of this process...

My veggie garden has done well this year, I have picked enough tomatoes that I was able to can 15 quarts and 5 pints; so far! I still have my kitchen table taken up with the green tomatoes waiting for them to ripen, (some will be fried as green tomatoes) planted hubbard squash, that provided us with 9 squashes, carrots are ready to be pulled and placed in sand for the winter, potatoes will be next in line, then the pumpkins. It has been a splendid garden year!

For all you southerners, the canadian geese are on their way... I have seen a few flocks this past week heading south. ;( can't say as if I'm ready for the freezing weather, but ready or not it will be here shortly.

Okay, I'm off to browse my favorite blog sites, you all have a great day!

3 comments:

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Your grapes and winery journey sounds so wonderful! Canadian geese are so pretty......I don't think they come close to us. blessings,Kathleen

Amish Stories said...

I thought id stop by your blog and say hello. And i hope your enjoying the beautiful fall weather that has begun. Richard from Amish Stories.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Just dropped by to say hello and to wish you a happy Thanksgivng! blessings,Kathleen