Saturday, April 2

Just another speed bump in life...

I'm so sorry, I haven't been posting on a regular basis, however, I have been thinking of all of my followers, and praying you remain interested & continue to visit. A while back you all remember I had a problem with an elbow which was explained to me as "Golfers Elbow" that kept me from spending much time typing because it caused aggrivation to the already inflammed area. That has pretty much subsided. A few weeks ago, I fell when the tip of my shoe caught on the corner of a child gate, I caught myself landing on the palm of my left hand. A few days later, I had what I thought was an internal bruise on the palm of my hand. Few days later, I noticed my arm was getting painful, but thought nothing more than I irratated my tendons with the fall (I did save the coffe cup I was holding in my right hand *LOL*) On Monday I made an appointment with my doc for a little circular rash on my left forearm. He looked at it said; "it's something you came in contact with...." Once more, thought okay, have baby peeps, messy cage, must have placed my arm in peep poop. Put ointment on it that night, next mornig woke up felt dizzy, had a dull headache, and the rash... well, it's three times bigger, and there are little splotches in different places on my arm, better go to ER. I very rarely go there, on count of our local hospital staff does not have a decent reputation. The nurse comes in asked all kinds of questions, then leaves and says the doc will be in soon. Doc comes in picks up my arm barely peeks at it and says, "it will go away on it's own, there is medicine that is used for this type of problem, but it's very expensive, I'll give you benydryl for the itching, fine. Now, my husband had the Shingles a year ago, and what I was seeing on my arm started to resemble that of what hubby had. Phoned my doctor, started to describe the situation, and before I could even get it out of my mouth, (the word Shingles) he says; that's what I was thinking, I'll give put in a few scripts for you okay. Then, he states, "your to young for this to happen to you" Thanks doc! So, for any of you that have had Shingles, you know it is extremely painful at times, it can make some feel like they have the flu, cause depression, lack of sleep, etc. etc. It "usually" gets people in their 50's or 60's and is caused from the chicken pox virus. If you have ever had the chicken pox, they live in your body forever, (dormat) for people with weak immune systems, under a lot of stress, this wakes up the virus and later in life they call it Shingles. At any rate, since there are more muscles in the arm than any other area of the body, therefore, there are more nerve endings, which means this is the worst place to get Shingles. I'm asking you all to hang with me... I will bounce back. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers, for a complete healing. Thanks to all of you! Blessings, Mel

6 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Awe Mel I hope you have a speedy recovery. So sorry to hear you've had so many bumps lately. Hugs

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Good gravy! This is terrible. I certainly hope that whatever the doc gives you works fast! Is this a recurring thing? Did your hubby get over them without trouble. Now, you do what the doc orders and get plenty of rest. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I just wish I could do something for you....
★Linda★

Country Whispers said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Mel said...

Hello Ladies,
The meds seem to be helping this heal faster than no meds at all... The most difficult part is this is a virus that attacks the nerves, so my skin is very sensative to the touch. This should subside as the healing process continues.

Yes, Linda you can get it again, it is usually brought on when your immune system is low... like an injury, or stress, "can" wake it up. I'm praying that this will be a one and only for me.

I want to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers.

Big hugs to you all,
Mel

Vickie said...

Get better soon!
Love Ya Cuz :)

Paula said...

Oh my goodness, Mel... you poor thing! I've been missing you, but I had no idea. I pray for a speedy recovery, dear friend!