Sunday, February 20

Think Spring~

The signs are starting to pop up everywhere.

*Sparrows singing spring songs, while perched at the end of birch branches.

*Flocks of geese resting in farm fields.

* Snow is slowly melting (down to about a foot) all around.

*You get a few days here and there with temperatures warm enough to crack a few windows for the daytime.

*Animals are shedding.

*Chickens are busy laying.

* You can just feel it, standing in a window and looking out, you can surely... see it.

It seems so good to know that in less than a month we will be seeing spring flowers poking up from their winter resting spots. I have been planning for my garden, trying to figure out where to plant our tomato plants since last year we were struck with late blight. I have most of my seeds, however, like each new year have a few new things on my list. Has anyone planted the stevia plant, ( a sugar substitute) if so, how would you compare it to the real deal?

Yes, I have my catalog's out comparing prices, can hardly wait to get back into the garden again.

Hope, you're all having a sunny springy weekend...

7 comments:

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

i have never grown stevia. i guess google it and see if there are any forums out there on it. yes spring is coming soon. my little daffodils are popping up and my robins are here as well. i am really looking forward to spring as winter has been too snowy here.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Spring is only 27 days away now. We had an honest-to-goodness thunderstorm last night. Real rumbling thunder, lots of rain. The daffys are up. The birds are gathering and singing. The snow is gone here. I did my spring cleaning today--except for the windows and shampooing carpets. I took so much stuff out to the summer kitchen, I had a hard time getting the door closed! lol
Hubby says calcium deficiency cause blight. Amend the soil with powdered calcium. I don't know about stevia. sorry........
★Linda★
BTW~ I hate word verification!

Picket said...

Morning girl...how on earth have you been? It has been Spring like weather here for the last few days...I am loving it! Hope all is well and that you have a great week with more beautiful weather...Picket

Vickie said...

We have been enjoying some beautiful weather here. Listening to the birds sing and wathcing the squirrels run around. I can't wait for the bare limbs to have green leaves and flowers popping up. We need rain we are in a drought again. Many fires in the past few days have broken out because it's so dry and windy.

Love Ya Cuz :)

Mel said...

Mornin' Ladies,

It's going to be another great day, now that I have read all your lovely comments.

Picket... is that really you, Oh my dear friend, how I have missed visiting you. I cannot seem to get to your page, having withdrawls *LOL* so enjoy reading your blog and ((((always look forward to seeing what's new)))) cyber hugs to you!

Thunderstorms at Linda's place, oh my, now that is a sign of spring for sure. We are back into the snow business... heavy winds... BUT, I know, this is winters last tantrum ;)

Vick, stay away from all those fires, we'll pray for badly needed rains.

I'm daydreaming about the daffodils & robins at Kritter Keepers... it's just a matter of time.

Hugs, Mel

Paula said...

Beautiful post, Mel- I can almost close my eyes and see all the wonderful, warm things you described!

Donetta said...

Welcome Mel
I look forward to getting to know you.