Wednesday, September 16

I love Everything country...

Sometime during the early part of summer, we had a storm that produced large amounts of hail and strong winds.

On the back of our property, below our main pasture sits a beautiful birch tree. I have often dreamed aloud with Hubby on how we should build a primative little hunting cabin along side this wonderful tree. It is so quiet there, you can see a long ways, often spotting wildlife, such as; turkey, ducks, deer and even black bear. During the storm the high winds bent many of this clump birch branches to the ground, being that this is one of my favorite spots on the property (because of the clump birch) I felt a calling to do something with her limbs. Driving the four wheeler and cart, plus a few hand saws; off over the hill I went. Now let me assure you, that this proved not to be an easy task, I sawed, and sawed, until the saw came to a screaching halt and would not budge. At this point I had to wiggle it loose often trying to start where I left off. By this time, I'm sweating bullets, going from one side of the tree limb to another, until about an hour into it, I have two long and large limbs to work with.

Three days later, this is what my hands crafted, it will become a sofa table. I'm thinking of placing Hubby's moose antlers on top with a lamp and some family pictures.

I love rustic things... to think, " God gave me this gift to create and build" rustic furnishings. I must admit, I'm thinking on what to make next.


3 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

I love how it turned out. Great job!!

Carol............. said...

What a wonderful idea. I LOVE it!

Brenda Eason said...

Thanks for coming by. you sure can't beat the memories of days gone by.Love your table.