Friday, August 8

Calling of faith

My dear friends,

We are focusing on prayers for our youngest daughter, whom seems to be lost in this big world. Growing up she battled with what was diagnosed as ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder). She is now 25 years old, still struggling each and everyday, with what we have just learned(this week) to be some sort of mental illness/es. She does suffer from depression, anxiety, and has suicidal thoughts, all of which require medication and frequent visits to her doctor/s.

Please pray along side us that our daughter Jamie will hear Gods voice leading her to get on her feet, and to recognize those who truly love her and are struggling to help her.

As of yesterday, Jamie is now with a man in his late 30's early 40's , her whereabouts unknown. We do know that she is still in the area either living with this man, or in the basement of an old downtown store.

Please pray for us that we can stand strong in our Catholic faith, to get us all as a family over this hump!

May God bless you all,
Mel & Family

8 comments:

Pearl said...

Please know that a prayer has been sent to our Father for His hand to be upon your daughter and your family as you journey through this troubled time in your lives. I have a child with Autism and many other disorders and I can so relate to some of the anguish you go through as a parent. I believe my son carries a message of Hope and Faith and I shall continue to hold warm thoughts and prayers for your daughter, in that God will bring her through this dark time and allow her to also carry His wonderful message to others.

~blessings~
Pearl

Mel said...

Thank you so much Pearl for stopping by. You are a blessing!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

I saw your blog over at Pearl's! My thoughts and prayers are with your daugther and your family!

You have a beautiful farm and home!

~Hugs & Prayers to you, Rhonda

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Mel, I am still teary eyed as I type this to you. My heart goes out to you and I certainly know how worried you must be. We have a daughter who has been the joy of our lives. Not ever one problem. Last year she started changing and left our home this past Feb with only 3 months left to graduate. Both my husband and I pleaded with her while she looked at us as if she did not know us. She did graduate, but without living at home. At graduation, she pretty much dismissed us after we walked up to hug her. She was as stiff as a board. Instead of going to the college she had planned on, she jumped into the Navy. I have shed many tears and gone back wondering what I did. No answer. Now that she is in boot camp, she has sent us one letter. We were best friends. I feel as if someone has ripped out my heart. The only thing that gets me through is my faith and trust in God. Know that I am praying for you. Life is short especially with those we hold dear. They get taken away from us in many different ways.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Sorry, forgot to leave my name, on the above post. prayers and blessings for you and your family, Kathleen

Mel said...

"Thanks" to all of you who have taken time out of your busy lives to send your thoughts and prayers. May the Lord bless you and your families.

Hugs, Mel

Vickie said...

Mel, My heart is breaking for you, Chuck, and Jamie. Stay strong and keep the faith because there will come a time when she comes home asking for help. My thoughts and prayer are with you all. Any time you just need someone to listen please call. Love Ya Cuz :)

Paula said...

Oh Mel, I'm so sorry. Please know I will be sending up prayers for your family!