Wednesday, February 15

Spicy Mexican Cabbage Grub... Recipe

It appears as though, there are alot of recipes being past around, not wanting this one to slip by, I thought I'd share with you.

                                                Spicy Mexican Cabbage Grub


1 small head of cabbage  (sliced in slivers)                                         
1/3 lbs. pork chorizo (spicy mexican sausage)
1/2 medium onion (diced)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
2 TBLS. cilantro
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
3-4 Cups Chicken Broth
1  15 oz. can kidney beans (liquid included)

In a large saucepan, on medium to low heat place olive oil to fry the pork chorizo; this will take maybe 10 minutes. Next, add onion, garlic, cilantro, ground cumin, and cabbage to the mix, fry 5 minutes longer. Now, it's time to add the kidney beans and chicken broth; bring to a boil; cook for 30 minutes or until done.

This recipe was thought up by me, as I was trying to figure out a soup recipe that used cabbage. The pork chorizo is an excellent ingredient in this recipe, it is spicy so if your not someone that enjoys spicy foods you could use any other kind of sausage as a substitute.  Pork chorizo, can be found at Wal-Mart comes in a little 10 oz. tube.  I hope, you enjoy this as much as we did! 

This will go very well with Paula's Corn Bread recipe that can be found at http://frakerfarm.blogspot.com/

Deliciouso!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Ooooh~ this sounds wonderful, Mel! I will definitely try this... and you're right, the Mexican cornbread would hit the spot with this!

Leaon Mary said...

Yall are making my mouth water! Mexican cornbread and spicy cabbage grub! I'll definitely add this to my recipe file! Thanks Mel!!!